CSCA Sports Philosophy for Families
CSCA believes in working hard and playing hard. We know and understand athletic participation not only teaches character, but reveals it. With that, our basic philosophy is outlined below:
- We believe winning is a byproduct of preparation and hard work.
- Winning is fun, but it’s NOT the ultimate goal.
- The CSCA sports programs ultimate goals are to:
- teach the fundamentals of the game
- ensure kids get much needed exercise
- create an opportunity to make friends and feel like a part of a team and how to support team mates.
- learn and demonstrate good sportsmanship (after all, it’s a game)
- All students play, and we abide by a “No Cut” policy.
- No student will play 100% of the time, and no student will sit the bench 100% of the time (except for academic ineligibility). At the discretion of the coach, some athletes will have more play time than others depending on, but not limited to:
- Skill level
- Practice attendance
- Core Virtues
- We kindle enthusiasm to craft bold and effective citizen-scholars.
We have joined a new league, the CCAL (Central Colorado Athletic League). This has given us the opportunity to play more teams and experience all different levels of competition. Here is the leagues website. Here you will find the other teams we play, addresses to away schools, and our standings throughout the season. Please let me know if you are interested in coaching or have any questions. http://ccal.myfreesites.net/